Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Afrocentric?









Khuma Zondi
“To me being afrocentric is all about how I present myself to my peers, I mean you just can’t exist on this earth u gotta live a little! Embracing those happy moments, Learning from my mistakes and being proud to be African! I know my history so I definitely know where I am going. I come from a continent that has a rich history, from slavery to the beats of the African Drum. Wow I love being me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!







Nimbi Chiko
“The afrocentric discourse attempts to shift, construct, critique and challenge the way of knowing or discerning knowledge from an epistemology endangered within a European cultural mind set to an African one, whites think blacks are of no value and it makes me sad that’s why I would rather embrace where I come from. The term afrocentric makes me feel safe and accepted in society.












Maya Banda
“Afrocentric, I have never thought of such, always referred to myself as African coz I was born here, never felt the need to question it, in a simple sense the fact that my roots are inbuilt in this continent, the fact that my family is from here and grandparents and all that. Afrocentric! It has a nice jingle to it”




Ramphela Mosima
"What makes me an afrocentric South African? That would be the color of my skin, the texture of my hair, my beautiful sexy African behind. It has to be my curvaceous curves, my smile, and my beautiful brown eyes. It also has to be the people I hang around with. I love my neighbors who come and ask for sugar in a cup to replace it at the month’s end. The food that I eat is a fantastic aspect of my being afrocentric. Food such as mala mogodu, morogo, maotwana, godu, dinawa and many more I can’t live without. Being me makes me afrocentric... Ubuntu!"






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your adventure.

Afrocentric Magazine Blog said...

Thank you....We would like you to be part of the adventure though...you coming?

Anonymous said...

Why 15-29?

Anonymous said...

Nothing much seems to be happening to your blog. What has happened?

Afrocentric Magazine Blog said...

Sinthalunda....

15-29 is the certified definition of youth, and now discover www.afrocentricmagazine.net